- Fair play from neutral third party
- Extremely affordable alternative to litigation
- Maintain control of the situation
- No court appearance necessary
- Dissolution of marriage (divorce)
- Child and spousal support
- Parental responsibilities (custody)
- Property division, including complex issues such as business valuations, stock options, and division of retirement accounts
- Pre-marital and cohabitation agreements
Our concern in each and every divorce is protecting our client’s rights and interests, regardless of whether the matter is litigated in a courtroom or settled by agreement in mediation. We are dedicated to representing you and your rights.
In family law, the goal is resolution through negotiation and mediation, but family law attorney Michael Morphew is an experienced trial attorney who will take your case to court if that is the best option for you. A good and competent family law attorney must wear many hats: adviser and counselor to a ‘strong arm’, friend, therapist, economist… all while maintaining the ability to remain objective and provide good sound advice even when the client doesn’t want to hear it.
If you are served with a temporary protective order, contact us immediately. There will quickly be a hearing at which we can advocate on your behalf or, better yet, negotiate a resolution without the need for a hearing. The objective will be to create an outcome which allows for essential contact between the spouses and permits parenting time with your children.
We can answer all your questions about marital agreements and assist you in drafting the agreement that responds best to your needs. If you are considering cohabitating and intending to acquire property together or lease a residence in joint names you would be wise to learn if a written agreement is something you need.